About the project «Aquaculture BIOnica»
Earlier we informed about our decision to start a new line in business, which is Aquaculture BIOnica. In this section, we are going to tell you about this business line in more details.
What is Aquaculture?
Aquaculture - breeding and cultivation of aquatic organisms in natural and artificial reservoirs. There are several ways to cultivation of aquatic organisms in artificial and natural conditions. The most effective way for our region is growing in recirculating aquaculture systems.
Recirculating Aquaculture Systems.
Recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) appeared in the USA in the middle of the 20th century. Today, RAS are actively used at aquaculture farms worldwide.
RAS is an artificial living environment for aquatic organisms, which maintains ideal conditions to ensure maximum growth within shorter periods of time, while maintaining product quality and saving water resources.
RAS have a number of advantages, such as:
- The lack of dependence on climatic conditions of the region;
- It makes it possible to recycle waste products resulting from vital function of fish and to further process the waste (for example, produce organic fertilizers for agricultural or domestic use);
- Full automation of processes;
- Saving of water, land and human resources;
- Efficiency of cultivation in the short term, exceeding growth in the wild in more than 4 times;
- The complete absence of invasion and epizootics, allowing you to get clean and useful product.